When I first started this blog, it was intended to be designed to meet the needs of my clients or at least serve as an online therapist. What has resulted is a personal diatribe of my feelings, emotions and beliefs; probably not much unlike my private practice. Needless to say, I’ve gotten more clients and responses than I would have imagined, most focusing on reader’s saying they relate to my authenticity. So, I will continue in the same vain, and just put out there what’s in my head, or at least what has helped me get through life this far. It isn’t much, but it’s enough. I have a wonderful life!
So, in my last blog I commented that I was going to make a list of the ten books/movies you should indulge in this summer to enhance your soul. Here it goes, in no particular order…
10 Books That Will Make Your Summer Amazing!
1. Endless Night…Richard Layman…A terrifying read
2. Summer…Alice Low…Annual Summer Starter!
3. Rule of the Bone…Russell Banks
4. She’s Come Undone…Wally Lamb…Just read it!
5. Ferris Beach…Jill McKorkle…For anyone who has encountered a great friend!
6. Cruddy…Lynda Barry
7. Speed Queen/The Night Country…Stewart O’Nan…Must Reads Anytime!
8. The Sun Also Rises/The Garden of Eden…Ernest Hemingway
9. Help I’m a Prisoner in the Library…Eth Cliffard…Awww being a kid again!
10.Stargirl/Love Stargirl/Eggs…Jerry Spinelli…These are the world’s best unknown books…THE BEST!
10 Movies That Are Great to Watch in the Summer…Because I Said So Dammit!
1. Rear Window
2. Thelma And Louise
3. The Scream series
4. I Know What You Did Last Summer
5. Out of Africa
6. I Know My First Name is Stephen…or any Lifetime Made for TV movie…but this is the best!
7. Wild at Heart or Mulholland Drive…David Lynch is spooky strange in the summer
8. Gypsy 87
9. My Dog Skip
10.And of course…TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD!!!
You know…I get extremely excited talking to people about books and movies…please send me suggestions on movies or books. I will definitely follow up and comment on my findings. But nonetheless…read, watch, enjoy, and enhance your soul before it’s too late…we’re on borrowed time as it is!