Are you ready to have The Best Year of Your Life???? I am and I’m really excited to start this journey! In fact…I’m so excited I’ve already started doing my assignments even though I just finished uploading the video companion to Week 1. If you haven’t read the previous post or watched the previous video, take 30 minutes and do both. The whole series of assignments won’t really make sense if you don’t follow it in order.
Now that you’ve caught up, let’s get started on this journey!!!! I don’t want to repeat what I said in the video so I’m just going to list the assignments. The videos are kind of like “coaching” sessions to go along with the assignments. If you want extra help or have other things you want to talk about, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll explain how I do Skyping sessions or set up appointments. Ready for the assignments??? Here you go:
1. Make a Diva CD or playlist that will help you get invigorated and feel empowered. Your music choices will be different than everyone else but make sure that the music you pick is not music that will make you sad or think too much. The music choices should be fun and inspiring. Maybe a gospel song? Maybe a dance song? Maybe your favorite song from a musical? Maybe something by AC/DC??? Who knows…it’s your CD/playlist so make it as personal as possible. Any time you need to feel invigorated slip it in, listen to it and take on it’s power!
2. Write a mission statement for you year long journey! It doesn’t matter what you say or how crazy it sounds, just make it personal! This is your journey and your mission. Make sure you sign it so you’re signing a contract with yourself!
3. Write 5 year long goals that you want to have achieved when your journey is complete. Make sure these are realistic goals and goals that don’t require other people to change. We don’t have power or control over other people.
4. Make a list of 50 movies you want to see. They can be picked from a list, movies that won Oscars or just movies you’ve always wanted to see. Movies expand our world view and understanding. They allow us to see the world through other people’s eyes. Plus…it’s fun to a more cultured film buff! You will be watching one movie a week. If you need suggestions here’s Roger Ebert’s list of movies!
5. Make a list of 50 books you want to read. You will be reading one book a week. These do not need to be long books, but they could be. Or you could decide to read one longer book a month and four shorter books each week(Dr. Seuss for example). Books broaden our minds, serve as continuing education and help us to be more cultured and intellectual. If you need a suggestion of books to read, the internet is filled with book lists of popular books or books you should read before you go to college. I pulled from all to make my list.
6. Make a list of 100 things you want to do/try in the next year. These could be anything from eat blueberry pancakes to running up an escalator the wrong way. Be creative but also include things that you’ve always wanted to try. For the list of 101 Things To Do Before You’re Old and Boring click HERE! The list is amazing!
7. Make a list of 100 things that make me happy. This will be a really personal list because it’s about you! They are your things and won’t be things that make other people happy. Every time you start feeling down or are having a bad day, open your list and do one of your things. The list will serve as a magic drug to pull us from our porch stoop of sadness. If you don’t think you can come up with 100, check out this list of over 140,000 things to be happy about…
Finally…your daily assignment! At the end of each day, you will make a list of 10 things you are grateful for and why you are grateful for each thing. Why wish for more things in our life if we’re not grateful for what we already have in our life? Focusing on a life of gratitude will help us look back on our days, and our lives, with more gratitude for what we’ve been given or experienced!
And that will be the foundation for our year long journey!!! Do you have a title??? My title will either be Divafied or Blueberry Pancakes Fly Me To The Moon! Titles make things more fun and personal so make sure it’s the perfect title for you. Draw a cover for your book. Doodle inside. Make it your own. Sleep with it. Set your cup of coffee on it. Get to know it. Make it your own!
Get your foundation built and I’ll see you next Tuesday! Oh…and watch the damn video! Cuz we’re on borrowed time as it is!